Page Display Optimization
The Congestion Management Process Interactive Map is optimized for Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) or higher. The recommended screen resolution is 1600 x 900 or higher.
The left-hand menu includes functions to show/hide traffic data by Speed, Crash Rate and V/C Ratio, in addition to Programmed/Planned Improvement Projects.
- Toggle the menu icon
to show/hide the menu.
- Select one of the three "tabs" (Speeds, Crash Rate, V/C Ratio) to display associated traffic data on the map.
- Toggle one or more check boxes to show/hide the designated route or feature on the map.
- Select blue text links at the bottom of the menu to display pop-up window with information about the map (Reset Map, Help, Source Data).
Three types of traffic data are displayed for individual corridor segments. Segment data are color-coded by pre-set ranges, specified below:
- Speed - average miles-per-hour below the posted speed limit
- Crash Rate – crashes per 100 million vehicle-miles traveled
- V/C Ratio – volume to capacity ratio (percentage)
Select any corridor segment in the map to display a pop-up window with segment details. Note: Speed data is provided separately for each segment direction.
- The map viewer includes a zoom tool in the upper-right map corner to enlarge/decrease map display. Click-and-hold mouse anywhere on map to "drag" map display in any direction.
- Select the blue text links in the upper-right area above the map to view supporting information about the Congestion Management Process (About CMP, Glossary, FAQs, Resources).